One way we show our love for each other is to provide a safe environment for all. The “Safe Church Policies and Procedures” were adopted by the Church Council to achieve that goal.
“Sanctuary” is more than a building. It is a peace-filled haven of safety and healing for all people.
As a part of the Body of Christ, Newton Highlands Congregational Church is called to follow Jesus’ example of respect for the integrity and dignity of all persons. This is summed up in Jesus’ Great Commandment to love God with heart, soul, mind, and strength, and others as ourselves (Luke 10:27). To follow this commandment is to pursue love, safety, peace, and security for all who come with the reaches of our ministries.
The Safe Church Policies and Procedures of Newton Highlands Congregational Church require its members to provide sanctuary for persons of all ages who are entrusted to its care. They also protect those who have responsibilities as leaders and teachers.
Safe Church Policy Documents
The following documents are PDF files; click or tap the document title to download them to your device (some browsers may display the PDF as well as a “Download” button).
- Safe Church Policies and Procedures: this is the main policy document, 23 pages, including table of contents (PDF, 80K)
- Authorized Volunteer Application and Disclosure Form (PDF, 27K)
- Permission Slip for Youth Activities (PDF, 28K)
- Youth Activities Medical Information Form (PDF, 38K)
- NHCC Youth Mission Trip Covenant (PDF, 26K)
- Incident Report Form: Equipment/Building/Grounds (PDF, 25K)
- Incident Report Form: Accident/Personal Injury (PDF, 27K)
- Building Use Form (PDF, 25K)
- Key Receipt Form (PDF, 19K)
- Driver Information Form (PDF, 20K)