God’s word tells us that the wise men travelled in the East. “When they saw that the star had stopped, they were overwhelmed with joy” (Matthew 2:10).
When the angels announced Jesus’ birth to the shepherds, they said, “Do not be afraid; for see—I am bringing you good news of great joy for all the people” (Luke 2:10).
The Gospel literally means “Good News!” It brings joy and hope to everyone who repents and believes in Jesus Christ. This message guides the role of Christian Education as we work to care for those in our church and in our community.
Be sure to spread the word about our chicken project!
Here is our schedule for January 2022.
- January 2: Intergenerational worship.
- January 9: Jesus is baptized by John the Baptist. Come be a witness to what Jesus and John the Baptist experienced on the banks of the Jordan River.
- January 16: Martin Luther King, Jr., taught us three things that we can pass on to one another: God made us special, God loves everyone, and with God, we can keep our dreams and hopes alive.
- January 23: Mission Sunday: Sandwich making for our neighbors at the Community Day Center of Waltham.
- January 30: God knows us inside and out. God has created each one of us for a special purpose and has a plan for every life. Even if you are not sure of what to do, there is no time like the present to get started with a Bible, pen, paper, and a cup of hot chocolate with whipped cream!